The history of the farm dates back to at least the 16th century. Historical records show that Suttinen farm passed through the hands of 18 different owners between 1539 and 1879.
The family of the present-day owners have farmed here from 1879 onwards. During the Finnish civil war, in the spring of 1918, some of the farm buildings and livestock were destroyed by fire. The only buildings to survive the flames were the old red-brick barn and a wooden cottage. The current farmhouse was built in 1920, after the civil war.
Suttinen farm was a cattle farm up until 1989, with sugar beet as a cash crop. From 1990 onwards it has been run as a berry and vegetable farm.